KJV Luke 18:1-8
(1) And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
(2) Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
(3) And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
(4) And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
(5) Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
(6) And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
(7) And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
(8) I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Nice image. I like the way the lines break up the sky… Again, I feel small–like an insect looking up.
Well, you certainly sent me off on a big detective mission here Ms. Altered Magpie. These buildings looked like they were in Chicago or something. All I had to go on was “widow judge”. I finally figured out that widow Judge is associated with Salt Lake City. I assure you that I don’t wish to appear snobbish in telling you this, because I don’t know squat about historical buildings in downtown SLC, but it turns out that these two buildings were built by a fellow named Newhouse, a few years after the Judge building (which is nearby on the same side of the street). The building on the right is the Newhouse building and the one on the left of the photo is the Boston building. Construction on these buildings started in 1907 by this miner named Samuel Newhouse. Now back to our originally scheduled programming.
Well, shoot. Mea culpa. Darn transients for switching around those historical markers to confuse people walking around downtown slc. my bad.
I like the sky arrow pointing kinda northeast.
Ha.. cool.. I didn’t notice the sky arrow before!
Regarding transients in SLC.. I once saw a transient downtown carry a sign across the street (in the crosswalk) saying vote for Judge so and so.. (during elections) and upon reacing the other side, laid down with the sign on the sidewalk near the wheelchair curb-cut. Come to think of it,.. maybe it wasn’t vote for “judge” so and so at all,.. maybe it was the Judge Building sign!
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.
Blog at WordPress.com.